Tynga's Reviews > At Grave's End

At Grave's End by Jeaniene Frost

Feb 21, 2010

bookshelves: favorites
Read in May, 2010

Cat is working jobs for Don with her friends, Bones is by her side, and her mom is slowly progressing into acceptance of her son-in-law. One could think Cat finally got her happily ever after but they would be wrong. After a very unfortunate meet up with her father Max, all hell breaks loose and her patriarch is the least of her worries. A very ancient power, in the form of an Egyptian vampire is out to get their blood.

Frost delivered yet another action-packed novel. I really am in love with this series for it’s great characters, fantastic plot and the wide range of emotions Jeaniene brings to her readers. I laughed out loud, felt like biting my nails ‘cause of unbearable suspense and also shed a few tears.

Cat is still as strong as ever and will show even more character when she will be in a crisis situation that can’t compare to anything she ever faced. I really felt for her in that book, thanks to Jeaniene’s fine writing I really shared Cat’s desperation and grief. We also get to see a much more revengeful side (Is that even possible?) to Bones and he will surprise more than one, allies and foes mingled. Tate is still hanging to the hopes of being with Cat and I have to admit, while I understand his reasons, his stubbornness is starting to annoy me, I just wish he would get over it already. I was happy to see Spade and Rodney again, I really like those two, especially the latter, he just has that little something that makes him special.

We were also introduced to Vlad, also known as Dracula. Him and Bones really hate each other but I found myself quite found of him, especially after a little acting act he pulled with Cat in a cinema and after a moment when he helped Cat bounce back after a very painful event. This character has more to offer than eye can see and I really hope to see him again in the following books.

Some characters also died in this book and it really broke my heart, hopefully Jeaniene won’t make an habit of killing her actors.

The end was special, we got a demonstration of what vampire powers can be like and it’s rather scary. I can’t wait to see the consequences in the following installments.

Overall I really love this series, I already have the fourth book at home, but I think I won’t read it just yet ‘cause we have so long to wait until the next C&B book. If you haven’t started this series yet, I strongly suggest you do, you won’t regret it!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read At Grave's End.