Gina's Reviews > Into the Storm

Into the Storm by Suzanne Brockmann

Feb 21, 10

Read in February, 2010

I really enjoyed parts of this one, Brockmann is great at the general story line, dealing with the Seals and Troubleshooters, Inc on a daily basis and setting up the "spy thriller" parts of the book. IMHO where it falls down is the romance between Jenk and Lindsay.

I understand the revelation Mark goes through when he thinks he's going to die and actually I think the two of them are a good match. It just seems to happen too quickly to me. From one night in bed, to 'she's the one'. This part of the book seemed rushed or forced.

And Tracy's encounter with Izzy Zanella surprised me, from the standpoint of how she talked about it in a later book.

At least there weren't any really weak female characters in this book. Tracy's an airhead, which I have yet to be able to reconcile to her being also really, really smart, but she isn't weak.

There was brief mentions of a WWII references, not a full side story as in previous books. It fit in well with the main storyline and Lindsay's background, but I wish Lindsay had handled it better when the guys brought it up to her at the table. I think this is the fading away of the WWII storyline but that's okay, things change. I have loved them and will miss them though.

All in all, Brockmann is a strong writer and I have loved each of these Troubleshooters books that I've read. Ready for the next one!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Into the Storm.