Kristen "Kirby" 's Reviews > Candor

Dec 29, 10

bookshelves: march-2010, reviews, ya
Recommended for: Light weight Sci-fi fans
Read from March 15 to 16, 2010

The first 5 chapters of Candor had me thinking "Wow. This is going to be an exciting, well-rounded, and complex story."

Many, many chapters later, on page 162/256, I was sighing, hoping for something, ANYTHING to happen.

Then, on page 170ish there's finally a major conflict. (I'm sure you can guess what happens, but I won't say.)

The story took far to long to get started, but once it did, WOW. Awesome. The ending is unlike anything you'd ever guess.

Candor is a story to be taken lightly. If you look over all it's reasoning, and unexplained information, it's very unbelievable.

Here's some questions I can make off the top of my head.
Oscar manages to make his own messages to combat those of his fathers. How's he acquire the proper equipment? Surely father would notice if it went missing, and I doubt they sell it on the street. OR how does it even work, this creation of messages?

How did his father create the town and how did the occupants learn about it?

Why is Sherman so fat if all they eat is plain rye toast?
...and so on with the unanswered questions.

I liked it. Could have been better. (Wasn't sold on him instantly loving Nia, but hey, she had a brain of her own, which was clearly attractive.) Will catch the next book-- if there is one?

I hope so. The next one is SURE to be interesting. *winks*

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Candor.

03/15/2010 page 0
0.0% "Cute guy on cover caught my eye. The fluorescent orange didn't hurt either <3 orange. Sounds good on the inside too, so it all works out. (:"
03/16/2010 page 68
25.0% "Not much has happened yet, but, so far, it's one of the better books I've read in a while. Great writing and a very interesting story." 1 comment
03/16/2010 page 142
52.21% "Ugh. Disappointed. Nothing at all happens and I couldn't give a fry about Oscar's and Nia's relationship. Hope it picks up. I'm bored."
03/16/2010 page 163
59.93% "Yeah, baby! Finally got some action. Nia is brainwashed and I'm back in the zone."
03/16/2010 page 256
94.12% "wow. The ending has me speechless.."

Comments (showing 1-6)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

Kristen "Kirby" (: Hope you like it!

Candy I don't understand how you gave it a 5 yet the negetives in your review make it sound more like a 3 or 4.

Kristen "Kirby" i thought i did mark it 4 for some reason. thanks

Candy That makes more sense and in that case I like your review!!

Chihuahua Zero I'm not sure if Sherman was around long enough for him to lose weight.