Aredhel's Reviews > The Lunatic, the Lover, and the Poet

The Lunatic, the Lover, and the Poet by Myrlin A. Hermes

Oct 08, 10

bookshelves: fiction, historical, glbt, romance, read-in-2010, favorites
Read from September 18 to October 07, 2010 — I own a copy

Loved it as much as I hoped I would!
Usually I'm a little bit suspicious of speculative fiction, especially when it deals with such well-known historical figure, as William Shakespeare and when the main characters of the book in question are famous Shakespearian characters.

An author should have lots of courage to create such a thing. And not only courage, because to write such a book without it being too extravagant and second-rate, an author should have a great deal of talent.

As it's turned out, Myrlin A. Hermes has enough courage and a great literary talent. Her book is a work of fiction describing fictional characters and fictional events. But those are really realistic sometimes, because from time to time you catch yourself thinking, that maybe this story is a true story of a great man called Shakespeare?! Maybe all those events, described in the book, really happened?! Well, who knows :))

The language of the book is elaborate and the book itself,
peppered with mysteries, love stories and imaginative twists, appears to be an elaborate dish.

So, yes, I liked it excessively! And would highly recommend this book to anyone who is open-minded and has an interest in Shakespeare's life and his works :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Lunatic, the Lover, and the Poet.

09/19/2010 page 89

dateDown_arrow    newest »

I am Bastet I enjoyed this one a lot (of course I'd just gone through a kick of reading Shakespeare) so I'm curious to know what you think! :)

Aredhel Loving it so far! Great plot and exquisite language make this book very enjoyable!
BTW, it was you from whom I learned about this book :))
So thank you for introducing it to me :))