Rebecca's Reviews > In Quiet Desperation: Understanding The Challenge Of Same-gender Attraction

In Quiet Desperation by Fred Matis

Feb 20, 10

Read on February 20, 2010

This isn't a book I would probably have discovered on my own, but I am so grateful for the chance to read it. I think it is a groundbreaking book on understanding same gender attraction. The first section of the book is written by an LDS couple whose son had same gender attraction and committed suicide about 10 years ago. His parents offer some really valuable insights into understanding same gender attraction and I think this book is a must read. I didn't consider myself homophobic before I started reading this book, but this book has helped me to realize so much about same gender attraction and have a greater understanding about it.

The second part of the book is written by a guy who has had same gender attraction his whole life and who is an active LDS person. He explains his struggle and he takes us on his spiritual journey which is incredibly inspiring.

The reason I found out about this book is because my girlfriend is now engaged to him.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read In Quiet Desperation.

02/20/2010 page 110

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Drew (new) - rated it 1 star

Drew Graham Your girlfriend is engaged to someone else??

The Matises unfortunately exploited their mentally unstable son and his suicide in this book. Who publishes their own son's suicide letter?