Matt's Reviews > Fighter Pilot: The Memoirs of Legendary Ace Robin Olds

Fighter Pilot by Robin Olds

When I first opened the book I felt I was going to get a bare bones honest look into Robin Olds life based on interviews I had seen of him. Fighter Pilot doesn't disappoint on this level in fact it exceeded my expectations. Usually a memoir like this will try to hide warts that the author doesn't want to the reader to see. I'm sure there are a few things that Olds didn't want to expose but he exposed more than I expected him to expose which made this book candid and refreshing.

After reading the book I reflected that I wished I had the opportunity to know Brigadier General Olds and wished/prayed that there are more like him. This is a great book of leadership and the advice Olds was given by General Spaatz while meant for the military is true in any organization. This book is highly recommended to understand the early Air Force, WWII European fighters and leadership. I will be rereading this book because I found it difficult to put down and know I'll be reflecting on it for years to come.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fighter Pilot.