Mike Trapp's Reviews > Icons of Evolution: Science or Myth? Why Much of What We Teach About Evolution Is Wrong

Icons of Evolution by Jonathan Wells

M 50x66
Feb 20, 2010

Read in September, 2009

This book was eye opening and thought provoking. Despite vehement denials from the pro-Darwin crowd, there are significant unanswered questions about the theory of evolution. The evidence presented in this book is that the Darwinists have not really proven their case on a scientific basis. It would seem that the evidence is being propped up by a sort of fanatic devotion to a preconceived conclusion.

For years I had heard that "the data are overwhelming" and that there was a scientific consensus - that evolution was indisputable. This book changed my mind.

Jonathon Wells has been pilloried in the scientific community because of his religion. The prejudice is that a "creationist" as scientists like to paint him, cannot possibly be objective in his conclusions. They even claim that anyone who has a religion just doesn't have the scientific rigor to draw any adequate conclusions. This is utterly and blatantly false and ignores the fact that there are even atheists who refute the Darwinian mechanism.

Jonathon takes 10 icons of evolution, such as homologous structures, the fossil record, the Cambrian explosion and others, and show how the evidence has been gerrymandered into supporting Darwin's theory. This is a rebuke of so-called scientific objectivism and you will no doubt encounter stiff resistance as you discuss this book with others who have bought the propoganda. Nevertheless, you cannot find the truth by ignoring the evidence or stretching it to mean something that it doesn't.

I heartily recommend this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Icons of Evolution.

02/03/2016 marked as: read