Harley's Reviews > The Heart's Code: Tapping the Wisdom and Power of Our Heart Energy

The Heart's Code by Paul Pearsall

Feb 20, 2010

bookshelves: non-fiction, spiritual, read-2010
Recommended for: people who have an interest in spirituality, alternative medicine and emotional intelligence.
Read from February 20 to March 30, 2010

Reading this book is like preparing to run a marathon. Not because it is long. It is only 228 pages. Not because the writing is poor. It is well written. This book takes patience and time to read because each chapter, each paragraph and each sentence is packed full of content that needs to be absorbed and understood. The first time I attempted to read this book, I set it aside after two chapters. This time I ran the entire race and finished the book.
The essence of the book is best described by the subtitle: Tapping the Wisdom and Power of Our Heart Energy. Paul Pearsall's key message is that the heart communicates through energy and he backs it up with scientific evidence. The name he gives this energy is cardio-energetics.
Much of Pearsall's research has been done with heart transplant patients. He tells a story early on about an eight year old girl who received the heart of a ten year old girl who had been murdered. The young girl dreamed of the man who had murdered the girl and based on her description, the police were able to find him and convict him of murder. The heart, Pearsall teaches, has the ability to remember. He documents throughout the book many stories of heart transplant patients who remembered things from their donor that they should never have known. Some even change their behavior like the foods they liked.
One of the powerful experiments that he shares occurred in 1993 under the direction of the United States Army Intelligence and Security Command. The scientists scraped white blood cells from the mouth of a volunteer and placed them in a test tube with a probe from a polygraph detector. The volunteer was placed in a room and shown violent scenes. The test tube was placed in another room. The polygraph detected extreme excitation in the cells in the test tube even though they were down the hall. Later experiments documented the same result even when the separation was 50 miles. Pearsall says, "The donated cells remained energetically and nonlocally connected with their donor and seemed to 'remember' where they came from."
I strongly recommend this book to anyone who is interested in spirituality, energy work and the scientific basis for the power within the heart. The heart is more than a pump that is at the beck and call of the brain. The heart has the power to heal and a memory distinct from the brain. The heart communicates at a much deeper level than mere words with the hearts it comes in contact with. People in business today talk about leaders with emotional intelligence. This book provides some of the scientific support for the importance of emotion and the heart.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Heart's Code.

02/23/2016 marked as: read

message 1: by Karen (new)

Karen Harley, how are you these days my bookish friend? That you so much for reaching out and sharing this review with me. You just knew that I'd be interested in this book and as usual you are correct. I haven't been reading very much because I've been really into my crafts and quilting and such. But I just know that I'll like this book. Thanks again.
Karen