Avigail's Reviews > Kiss the Girls

Kiss the Girls by James Patterson

Aug 23, 15

bookshelves: american-litrature, contemporary, crime, drama, fiction, favorite-author, mysteries-thrilers, series, suspense, bookcrossing
Read from February 20 to March 05, 2010

This novel is a decent thriller. Patterson writes in such a way to keep the pages turning with his short sentences and action packed storyline. The personal aspect of the kidnapping of Cross's niece adds some drama into the story. The story has plenty of thrills and chills, but there is certain realism to it, lots of young women disappear all over the country, things like this happen, there are no supernatural demons and creatures that lurk in the imagination, this can be real. When I was reading the book I kept thinking, what if that happened to me, what would I do? Fight to the death of course, hopefully the bad guy's death.
I enjoyed this book immensely. It is true that there are some very graphic descriptions of violent acts involving female victims. Graphic descriptions of violent acts are not rare in books of this genre, and I don't see the complaints if the victims are men. So, if you have a serious problem with violence against women this book is probably not for you.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Kiss the Girls.