Min's Reviews > Nine Dragons

Nine Dragons by Michael Connelly

Feb 27, 10

Read from February 20 to 27, 2010

LAPD Detective Harry Bosch gets a new case, this one involving a man he met briefly during the infamous Rodney King riots. Although the meeting was brief and fleeting, it made a lasting impression on Bosch and he's determined to solve this case.

The case ends up involving a Chinese tradition of extortion, and Bosch is forced to work the Asian Gangs Unit within the LAPD, for both language and cultural translation.

However, in the meantime, he receives a video message from his daughter in Hong Kong, where she lives with her mother; she has been kidnapped.

To say much more would be revealing too many spoilers, but I will say that Connelly has not lost his touch. This book, as all of the other in his Bosch series kept me intrigued from the first page to the last. He continues to portray Bosch as an imperfect, conflicted, but passionate man trying to do the right thing - by the people of his city, his co-workers, his daughter, his ex-wife, and himself.

I can't wait to read the next book in the series, but to say why would be revealing too much of the ending of this book. :)
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Nine Dragons.