Margaret Metz's Reviews > Seasons in the Mist

3220021
Sep 10, 10

bookshelves: favorites
Read from August 31 to September 10, 2010

I have been buried in cardboard boxes and have hardly come up for air. When I started reading this book, I didn't stop until nearly 300 pages were done (and that was an emergency). I promptly returned and finished the rest. Some would say I inhaled it. lol This has all the elements you want in a good romance.

The main character is wonderful. She has a spunk and a vulnerability at the same time. Her strength helps those around her and keep her sane and alive in a very alien environment. Let's face it, no amount of study could prepare you for finding yourself in a drastically different time and unfamiliar territory. She doesn't have a friend in sight and the only thing she can cling to is a faith she had abandoned.

Her hero is also a great blend. He's strong and yet been hurt so he's not a very trusting. Unfortunately, trust is what Bethany needs the most. The closer they get, the more tension you feel between his desire to trust her and his very real reasons not to. Would you believe her? Yet not trusting her could cost her life - and maybe even more than that.

Add in a rich background of characters, setting, mystery, faith... and you have a story that kept me flipping pages well into the night. I hope you'll consider adding it to your pile of books to read. Oh - and isn't the cover awesome? I think it strikes just the right chord of her walking from the present and into the past. I can't wait to read more from this author.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Seasons in the Mist.

08/31/2010 page 253