Adama Fall's Reviews > An American Childhood

An American Childhood by Annie Dillard

U_50x66
Feb 19, 10

Read in February, 2010, read count: 255

sometimes we are pulled toward one or two characters in the story. we identify with them or feel sympathy for them. with which characters do youidentify in the book, and why do you beleive you identify with them
i american chilhood annie dillard, when she was young always imagine a monster which was creeping into her room periodically throuthougt the night, but later she discovered that it was just the headlights of a car coming trough her.
i really pay attention to that part because when i was young, i had the same experience. in africa there are many fantastic story. according to those story when i went to bed and saw some headlight, i just imagine that it was one of the monster i heard in a story

are you puzzled or confused about anything in the story? what is it that confuses you, and why do you find it confusing?
through 59...one information confused me'' her father forbidden her from going to pa place called frick park but her mother allowed her to go if she kept it a secret''
i just want to know why the mother allow her something while his father doesn't allow her that. their maybe a misunderstanding or something wrong in their family. moreover, in my opinion there are some problems of union.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read An American Childhood.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nancy (new)

Nancy GR3

Hi Adama,

I'm thrilled that you have chosen this book on Americana. This is a more advanced book, and I know that you're such a good reader that you'll be able to read it with real understanding. Kudos to you!

Nancy