Jessica's Reviews > 7th Son: Book One - Descent

7th Son by J.C. Hutchins

Feb 24, 10

bookshelves: audio-book, fiction, thriller, owned, 2010, bookstore-find, science, science-fiction, 4-stars-really-liked-it
Read from February 19 to 24, 2010 — I own a copy

WOW!! This is going to be one of those series that I can't read here and there - its definitely a read-through-to-the-end kind of series, lots of suspense, thrill, mystery, and action. I am certainly glad that I don't have to wait for the next installment. I basically listened to the second half of the book without stopping, listened at work as much as I could, in the car, and even sitting on the couch at home!!

Its definitely a conspiracy theory novel, but the author did an excellent job of keeping it well within the realm of "possible," if not "plausible" in many aspects. Who doesn't wonder from time to time, (let's keep it real here, we don't consume ourselves with it) what's really going on behind the closed doors of government, medical research, big business, and other well-funded organizations? The story is complex, with many twists and turns, and the information is doled out in small bits, enough to keep you guessing right to the last sentence. And if its not already in the works, I could easily see this becoming a movie.

I truly enjoyed this book, and cannot wait to find out how the story continues to develop, twist inward on itself, and finally conclude.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read 7th Son.

02/23/2010 page 300
02/23/2010 page 17 "Chapter 17"
02/23/2010 page 17 "Amazing story so far - I have a hard time stopping my progress to work, sleep, eat, etc..."