Joyzi's Reviews > Brida

Brida by Paulo Coelho

Oct 25, 10

bookshelves: religion, borrowed, disappointing-books, adult, reviewed, author-latin-american, philosophy, inspirational, contemporary-fiction
Recommended to Joyzi by: My classmates
Recommended for: Fans of Lolo(grandpa) Coelho
Read from July 06 to 10, 2010

My friends love Brida and obviously they are Coelho fans so when I've heard that Brida was so good I was really excited to read it. My friend really like it because of the witchcraft and my friends who've read it they talked about the soulmates and how would you find your soulmate and if they believe in the "light in the shoulder sign" or the "love at first sight" and actually two of them were saying that Paulo Coelho was right in that matter because they actually seen it in there ex-girlfriend or ex-boyfriend but to be honest at that point I just roll my eyes but they were dead serious and they are not the type of person who joke about things like that.

Now I'm gonna review the book, it was interesting, the witchcraft and the soulmates. I'd really love the rituals that were described in the book and also even if it's IMO hard to believe I'd also like the idea of soulmates and then how to find your soulmate and the idea that we can have two or more soulmates in a lifetime. I'd also love the reincarnation and the going back to the past and the feeling of dejavu. All in all the story is good and pretty interesting.

My only critic was how the story ended. At first I was "nabitin," as we say it here and it means like I'm in a hanging position. After I read it I actually like flip the pages and then see if I missed a page or something because it doesn't feel complete and the story is like open-ended. Maybe I just don't like *Spoiler Alert* that Brida ended up with Lorens rather than the Magus and then it doesn't seem right and doesn't make sense but I know that Lorens was also Brida's soulmate and idk I just don't like the ending.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Brida.

Quotes Joyzi Liked

Paulo Coelho
“Nothing in the world is ever completely wrong. Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.”

Paulo Coelho
“How much I missed, simply because I was afraid of missing it.”

Paulo Coelho
“Accept what life offers you and try to drink from every cup. All wines should be tasted; some should only be sipped, but with others, drink the whole bottle.”

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joy (new)

Joy I find your review very concise and enlightening, I'm to go book shopping and maybe I'll just borrow this from a friend.^_^

message 2: by Oli (new)

Oli Dear reader, i write songs from Paulo Coelho book, i invite you to my channel, thank you for your support, Follow your dreams , Oli http://www.youtube.com/user/OliSilver...