Colette 's Reviews > Succubi Like It Hot

Succubi Like It Hot by Jill Myles

Mar 26, 10

bookshelves: urban-fantasy
Read from March 17 to 18, 2010

Jackie Brighton has landed her dream job as an archeologist, has two hot boyfriends to take care of her succubi needs and is acclimating to her new life as a succubi. Things couldn't be going better until she accidentally knocks the pizza delivery guy unconscious with the touch of her hand. It turns out that she has been cursed. The question is by who? Jackie and her best friend and fellow succubi work to help Jacki get rid of the curse. There is of course a few things that go wrong when they try to get the curse lifted and oh yeah. someone wants her dead. Jackie would go to her boyfriends for help-but they aren't talking to her. Will Jackie be ale to get rid of the curse and find out who wants her dead without any help from her friends?

This was such a deliciously fun read. I am so torn between Zane and Noah, Jackie's boyfriends. Both are super hot and I found myself changing my mind over who she should be with a lot-which is unusual for me. I am leaning more towards Zane, but Noah is just so...so..well, Noah. :) The plot isn't very deep, but it totally worked. I really liked how Jackie took matters into her own hands, and I found her character to be much stronger and more independent then in the last book. While this is a sequel, I think you could read it as a stand alone without too many problems. I loved the ending of the book-and I even though I saw it coming from a mile away, it still worked. I can't say enough good things about this series. Every now and then you just need a fun, light escapist read and these books are perfect for that. I can't wait for the third book in the series, My Fair Succubi when it comes out in December.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Succubi Like It Hot.

03/18/2010 page 225
66.57% "I had such a hard time putting this down last night!"
03/18/2010 page 368
100% "I'm still torn between Zane and Noah.Leaning more towards Zane..."