mina's Reviews > Calvin and Hobbes

Calvin and Hobbes by Bill Watterson

Feb 21, 10

Read from February 18 to 21, 2010

Love it love it love it!
One of the best comics ever!
Although it's just another story about a super hyperactive small boy and his imaginary friend, you love Calvin so much because of his hilarious "know-it-all" comments. He trashed through house, to the point that his parents hoped that they had dachsund instead.

(Heard from the doctor's examination room):
Calvin: "Hey, doc, why are you rubbing my arm with cotton? Are you going to put a leech there? ... Are you going to bleed me? You're not going to amputate , are you? ARE you? ... What's that? Is that a shot? Are you going to... AAUGHH! IT WENT CLEAR THROUGH MY ARM! Ow ow ow ow!!! I'M DYING! I hope you've paid your malpractice insurance, you quack! WHERE'S MY MOM??!"

And his tiger-doll-slash-imaginary-friend Hobbes was just so adorable and wise (although probably it was Calvin who was "wise", since it came from Calvin's imagination).

Calvin: "I need help on my homework. What's a pronoun?"
Hobbes: "A noun that lost its amateur status."
(Silence)
Calvin: "Maybe I can get a point for originality."

But sometimes Calvin also had his more subdued moments:
Calvin: "Uh, Hobbes? .. I forgot to get you a present. I didn't even make you a card. I'm sorry, Hobbes. I didn't mean to forget."
Hobbes: "It's okay, little buddy. I didn't get you anything, either. But here's a tiger hug for being my best friend. Merry Christmas."
Calvin: "Not so hard, you big sissy. You squeeze my tears out."

It's a must-have.

By the way, reading about imaginary friend reminds me to "Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends", in Cartoon Network. Love the show :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Calvin and Hobbes.

02/18/2010 page 57