Colleen Vincent's Reviews > Deception

Deception by Randy Alcorn

Feb 18, 10

Ollie Justice Chandler is a cop who believes in justice but not a loving God much to the dismay of his Christian co-workers and friends. His law enforcement heroes are Sherlock Holmes and Jack Bauer from the television series 24. When a professor is murdered and Ollie is assigned to the case the clues will lead him to suspect one of the boys in blue. Sure that he has found the correct suspect in the end we find out that appearances can be deceiving and at the very end the case is finally solved. This is a long novel and along the way we are exposed to Christian apologetics, the author's version of heaven, and Ollie's legitimate doubts about a loving God existing in the face of evil and injustice. The best part about this novel is Ollie's wit. I laughed out loud many times when reading the thoughts circulating in Detective Chandler's head. That was definitely the best part of the whole book. If you're looking for a nice tidy ending to the end of Chandler's doubts about you might be surprised at what conclusion Chandler comes to in the end.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Deception.