Morgan F's Reviews > Have a Little Faith: a True Story

Have a Little Faith by Mitch Albom

Feb 26, 10

bookshelves: 2000s, nonfiction, religion, own, read-2010, multiple, small-sized
Read from February 24 to 26, 2010 — I own a copy

I do like Mitch Albom. I've read two other books of his, The Five People You Meet in Heaven and For One More Day, and they are both so different from other books I read. Going into this one, I was expecting some serious reflection on my life.

This book follows Albom in his interaction with two "Men of God". His childhood Rabbi who has asked him to do his eulogy, and Pastor Covington, a reformed drug dealer who is struggling to keep his decaying church afloat. Both men teach him profound things about life, love, and faith.

This book claimed it would inspire me, and it did. It is a quick read, but it has a lot to say. Some of the writing was downright beautiful, and there are quite a few memorable quotes. My favorite was this: "The story of my recent life. I like that phrase. It makes more sense than the story of my life, because we get so many lives between birth and death. A life to be a child. A life to come of age. A life to wander, to settle, to fall in love, to parent, to test our promise, to realize our mortality- and in some lucky cases, to do something after that realization." This book was just filled with little moments that shine, and the characters are so exuberant, I wish I could meet them.

If you ever feel the need to be spiritual, to feel better about yourself, this book will give you the opportunity.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Have a Little Faith.

Quotes Morgan Liked

Mitch Albom
“The story of my recent life.' I like that phrase. It makes more sense than 'the story of my life', because we get so many lives between birth and death. A life to be a child. A life to come of age. A life to wander, to settle, to fall in love, to parent, to test our promise, to realize our mortality- and in some lucky cases, to do something after that realization.”
Mitch Albom, Have a Little Faith: a True Story

02/24/2010 page 45
02/25/2010 page 161
64.66% "I want to meet this Rabbi"