Carla *Jen7waters*'s Reviews > Deerskin

Deerskin by Robin McKinley
Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Deerskin.

Quotes Carla *Jen7waters* Liked

Robin McKinley
“It is a much more straightforward thing to be a dog, and a dog's love, once given, is not reconsidered.”

Robin McKinley
“Stop it. This is me, remember? We've been thrown up by the same puppies. - Ossin”

Robin McKinley
“Then marry me. For I love you, and I do not believe there is anything so wrong with you. You are fair in my eyes and you lie fair on my heart.”
tags: love

Robin McKinley
“Her fingers crawled upwards and touched the outer curve of her breast, and the fingers paused, quaking in fear; but after the moment, despite the panic trying to break out of its shadows and seize her mind, she told her fingers, go on. This is my body. I reclaim my body for myself: for my use, for my understanding, for my kindness and care. Go on. And the fingers walked cautiously on, over the curiously muscleless, faintly ridged flesh, cooler than the rest of the body, across the tender nipple, into the deep cleft between, and out onto the breast that lay limp and helpless and hardly recognizable as round, lying like a hunting trophy over her other arm. Mine, she thought. My body. It lives on the breaths I breathe and the food I eat; the blood my heart pumps reaches all of me, into all my hidden crevices, from my scalp to my heels.”

message 1: by Elise (new) - added it

Elise I love your video. Definitely reading this soon. :)