Laurie's Reviews > Please: Fiction Inspired by The Smiths

Please by Peter Wild

Apr 08, 10

bookshelves: pop-culture, first-reads, abandoned
Read from March 25 to April 01, 2010

4/10: So my first giveaway didn't go so well. I'm a sucker for anything Morrissey & Smiths-related and usually it probably doesn't take much to delight me if the Mozzer is involved somehow. This collection of short stories had tremendous potential, but the stories were so boring I couldn't even finish the book. Full disclosure: I don't read short stories regularly, although I have in the past & have absolutely nothing against them. I've read about half, and with the exception of "Oscillate Wildly" by Alison MacLeod, they just didn't do anything at all for me. To be fair to the authors, I'll probably try to (slowly)read the rest of the stories, & I'll update here if something good comes along, but for now I'm calling this a snoozy waste of time. :(

3/10: Finally won a giveaway. Very excited to read this!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Please.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jacob (new)

Jacob Awesome! I entered the contest too, but my heart wasn't in it, so I'm glad you won instead. Basically, I've just been annoyed that I haven't won anything in the last few months, so I've been entering all sorts of giveaways (mostly story collections) to no luck. It still sounds interesting, though, so I'll have to watch out for your review.

Laurie I'll send you some winning mojo! ;) Hopefully this one will turn out good.

message 3: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Cool!

message 4: by Carmen (new)

Carmen That's great...it's always so fun to win. Can't wait to hear how you like the book!

message 5: by Jacob (new)

Jacob I guess I don't feel so bad about not winning this :) Queen Victoria: Demon Hunter will probably be better.

Laurie Hope so!

message 7: by Carmen (new)

Carmen Bummer!