Karene's Reviews > Simply Salads: More than 100 Creative Recipes You Can Make in Minutes from Prepackaged Greens

Simply Salads by Jennifer Chandler

Feb 18, 2010

bookshelves: cooking

This book has revolutionized the way we do salad at our house. The ingredients are generally easy to find (with a few exceptions--it took me a long time to find sherry vinegar, for example), and I love that she uses packaged salad blends instead of making you shop around for obscure greens in quantities that are really difficult to use up.

Most importantly, these salads explode with flavor. The dressings are fantastic. We'll never go back to bottled dressing!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Simply Salads.

message 1: by Angie (new)

Angie Hmmm . . . have your tried Brianna's Ginger Mandarin? But this books sounds like a winner.

Karene I haven't tried the Ginger Mandarin, and it sounds great. I have to admit there are a couple bottled dressings we do still buy. I am not a huge fan of the Caesar dressing recipe in this book, but Trader Joe's has a good one that we often buy, and recently we discovered a fabulous one at Wegman's (you'll just have to come visit if you want to experience Wegman's). But I can say for sure that I'll never go back to plain ol' bottled ranch dressing...we rarely eat ranch dressing at all anymore. Vinaigrettes rock!

message 3: by Angie (new)

Angie Yeah, I've never been much into ranch. I kinda like the mix with sour cream for dipping vegetables, but I never use it as a salad dressing, unless I have guests with boring tastes in matters of salad.