Debbie's Reviews > Legend of the Jade Dragon

Legend of the Jade Dragon by Yasmine Galenorn

Feb 18, 10

bookshelves: fiction, mystery, occult
Read in February, 2010

The second book in the Emerald O'Brien saga follows the difficulties that arise in her relationship with Andrew and her friendship with Joe, a younger, hot Chief of EMTs. And of course we see Emerald dealing with the challenges of single motherhood.[return][return]This story follows a lovely jade dragon Emerald acquires via tragic circumstances. As a result things in her life seem to go haywire. Her shop is robbed, her home is vandalized and then robbed as well as other assorted bizarre incidents. [return][return]She is also very leery of Oliver, Mrs. Trask's newly paroled nephew who just seem to give off a negative vibe.[return][return]To me, the mystery is backdrop against which I got to spend some more time with Emerald and her family. I like these characters. They're not perfect but they are likable. And the story behind the jade dragon is interesting too.[return][return]I found this book to be an easy read and I'll probably end up re-reading it one of these day. It's not overly dark or scary but it has a nice blend of humor, mystery and drama that keeps the story moving along.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Legend of the Jade Dragon.