Perri Ann's Reviews > The Curious Case of Benjamin Button and Other Jazz Age Stories

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button and Other Jazz Age Stories by F. Scott Fitzgerald

F_50x66
Feb 17, 10

THE OFFSHORE PIRATE:
This was one of my favorite short stories by F. Scott Fitzgerald. I found the characters, particularly the protagonist, to be very humorous and enticing. The story drew me in and held my attention throughout. I also found the ending to be very witty and creative.

THE CURIOS CASE OF BENJAMINE BUTTON:
I was surprised to read the extreme differences between the short story by F. Scott Fitzgerald and the Hollywood blockbuster. I love the plot and story line, but felt that the film better portrayed the characters and setting. Therefor, if I had to choose between the film and the short story, I would definitely choose the film.

THE DIAMOND AS BIG AS THE RITZ:
This was another of my favorite short stories from, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, by F. Scott Fitzgerald. The adjectives Fitzgerald used really brought the scene to life and I enabled me to picture every detail in my mind. I found the ending to lack the luster the rest of the story held, but thought the story was a good one none the less.

THE FOUR FISTS:
I found The Four Fists to portray a good moral lesson but thought the writing and verbage was less satisfactory. The story did hold my attention and even made me laugh, but I was simply left wanting something more.

DALYRIMPLE GOES WRONG:
The Dalyrimple Goes Wrong, was perhaps, my least favorite of all of F. Scott Fitzgerald's short stories featured in The Curious Case of Benjamine Button and Other Jazz Age Stories. In the introductory paragraph, Fitzgerald mentions a "book that has yet to be written." This really drew me in. I was disappointed as I kept reading to find that this so called "book" was only mentioned once throughout the rest of the story. I wish Fitzgerald had done more with this interesting concept.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Curious Case of Benjamin Button and Other Jazz Age Stories.