Dwayne's Reviews > Evermore

Evermore by Alyson Noel

Mar 16, 10

Read from February 17 to 21, 2010 — I own a copy

Reviewed at Girls Without a Bookshelf

I must admit I was a teeny-weeny bit skeptical about this book. The blurb at the back sounds too complicated - a damaged girl whose past I thought would take the bulk of the narration (and I absolutely dislike this) - my misconception lasted until the first page, and I am so so glad I gave it a chance.

Surprisingly, the complex characters were easy to relate to. The narration was smooth, never draggy and even beautiful at times. It was such a smooth read, so far from what I thought, that I didn't even realise it was written in the present tense. It just flowed. And I loved it to bits for that, for making such complexities simple.

I absolutely adore the characters (so diverse. I like!) - Miles and Riley in particular - and I am such a sucker for loving siblings and yearning for the dead that I just devoured the book.

The romance - Oh my God - if, like me, you like like like forbidden, mysterious romance with the forbidden, mysterious guy, you would absolutely love Evermore. Damen was such a well-written character with such humorous and unpredictable (not to mention bad-boyish) side that I ended up gushing over each of Ever's and Damen's interactions.

At the end, everything ties up together - all the inconsequential details, the romance, the intrigues, the mysteries - and it's one of those romantic books that sucks you right in and makes you read like hell and takes you into a rollercoaster ride of emotions and a touch of moral lessons.

I must get Blue Moon (out 5th March in the UK) and Shadowland (WHY is it not in the UK yet???)
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Evermore.