~Tina~'s Reviews > Boycotts & Barflies

Boycotts & Barflies by Victoria Michaels

Mar 09, 10

bookshelves: favorites, own, adults, signed, cover-crazz, omnific-own, read-2010, published-fanfics, contemporary
Read from March 07 to 09, 2010

Grace Park has had a string of bad luck with relationships, dating the same losers time after time. She and her friends decide to boycott men till New Years Eve, with $200 dollars in the pot for a new sexy pair of shoes.
Meanwhile Michael Andris and his friends work at a bar and seem to only attract the brainless barflies that continue to hit on them. Sick and tired of it and wanting to meet nice girls for a change, agree on there own little bet.
What happens when fate deals them a sweet hand? Can they resist the temptation and risk losing the bets? Or maybe finally find what they've always been searching for?

I had the great pleasure reading this story in it's original glory out in fandom. It is one of my most beloved fics, so when I found out that Victoria (vjgm) was publishing her original work, I knew that I had to add this must-have gem to my collection!!

What can I say about a story that I fell in love with the minute I read it? Boycotts and Barflies has got to be one of the sweetest and cutest reads I ever had the pleasure of experiencing. It has such a wonderful playful energy feel to it and the characters are so feisty and fiery. Crisp with wit and banter these characters will comically amuse you to sheer entertainment long after the story is done.
Charged with steamy sexual tension that you could cut with a knife makes the plot thicken with rich deliciousness.

A wonderfully flirtatious story that asks you what you would do to find true love. It will shows you just how yummy temptation can be while it pushes your willpower to see just how far you can really go;)

Spicy, Sexy and Smart, BOYCOTTS & BARFLIES is a must have gem!

Congratulation Victoria on a Fantastic debut!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Boycotts & Barflies.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

NewMoonGirl (Hazel) Great Review!! Sounds like im gonna enjoy reading this one :)

~Tina~ I hope you do cause it's the sweetest thing;)

Laurie(Time Stand Still) Where did you get your copy at?

~Tina~ You can only find this book and others from it's world (and then some) here;
Omnific Publishing

Do you remember this fic?
Still the most adorable read ever!

Laurie(Time Stand Still) I actually spent a lot of time,paper and printer ink. Cutting and pasting into a word document. So I could take it to work with me and read it. I still have my orginal copy and love this story. Did she change much besides the names in the published version?

~Tina~ There were a lot of changes but you'd only know it if you read the original, there very subtle. I think that's what I had fun with the most, seeing what's been changed.
You should adore this version as much as me:)

message 7: by Nic (new)

Nic Just read your review. I think I'm going to get this one :)

~Tina~ I still pull this out when ever I get a quote in my head. I loved it and hope you enjoy it hun!