Laura the Highland Hussy's Reviews > Moonlight Warrior

Feb 24, 2010

liked it
bookshelves: highlander-books
Read from February 20 to 23, 2010

this is a good story, but I feel like although it is #1 in the series, that perhaps it is a cross-over from another Janet Chapman series? It seemed a lot of the couples were supposed to be familiar to us, and that there were things I was supposed to know. update: it crosses over from her "Highlander" series.
Other than that, it was a great book. Kenzie is a 9th century Highlander who is now a Soul Guardian who helps trouble souls. He was a panther up til recently (must have been in a previous book). But he meets Eve, and wants to be with her more than anything, but doesn't want her drawn into his life. But fate throws them together. They even go on a date! It's cute.
But the best part is when Eve and her best friend Maddy are startled by a (they don't know it's real) dragon, Maddy drives headlong into a ditch! Well, their solution is rum...lots of rum. And the girls remind me of me and my friends, really! They convince themselves that they saw a moose, but with wings? they ignore that part and go into denial...then the rum hits, and their flying moose becomes the boogeyman. Well the dragon is a soul named William who is trying to end a curse and become a man again...so he runs and tells Kenzie the girls are lying in a ditch. But what Kenzie sees are a couple of drunks giggling about a flying moose and the boogeyman. Kenzie convinced Maddy to blow kisses to the Boogeyman (william the dragon) and he'll be in love with her.so cute!
(grabbing an empty rum bottle) "It's empty!Now what are we gonna do? The flying moose is gonna get us!"
"Hey Kenzie! Ya got any spiced rum in your truck? We gotta keep away the flying moose!" --Maddy
It was hysterical! The rest of the story was great too, but that was the best part. Oh wait, no at the end, William lifts his curse by caring for someone more than he cares for himself, and then he walks (bare ass naked) up to Maddy and kisses her full on the mouth whispering "Boo." I Have to read the next book about William.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Moonlight Warrior.

02/21/2010 page 36
10.14% "so is he immortal or a time-traveling Scot?"
02/21/2010 page 120
33.8% "funniest drunken scene ever!! I think as of now, it's a 5 for that alone" 2 comments

Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog) I just finished this book! I loved it, I had read the Highlander series aswell so it all fitted in okay for me.

I loved the bits you said, about the rum and then naked William! I can't wait to read it, I should get it tomorrow! : )

Laura the Highland Hussy I thought I'd given it a 4...weird.
I'm glad you enjoyed it. There were some really funny parts