Anne-Marie's Reviews > The Poet of Tolstoy Park

The Poet of Tolstoy Park by Sonny Brewer

Mar 09, 10

Read from February 17 to March 09, 2010

This was a very grown up book and it took me a long time to finish.

Tolstoy wasn't a page-turner . . . it's like when I try to read a "classic" piece of literature, I don't find myself really enjoying it all that much while I'm doing it but I'm always glad I did when I am done.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Poet of Tolstoy Park.

Megan Can't wait to read your review of this, I will mostly likely put it on my to-read list.

Anne-Marie It's going to take a while for me to read because it's not a library book. I feel obligated to read those before ones I own or have borrowed from someone I know.

Megan Does the author Leo Tolstoy have much to do with this book? If so I'm wondering if it would be useful to have read any of this novels. Hedgehog refers to Anna Karenina frequently so my curiosity is piqued (yes piqued, haha) but the thought of reading Tolstoy seems more than a little daunting.

Anne-Marie Yeah, Henry Stuart (the main man) is a huge fan of Tolstoy but he clearly explains what it is he admires about him and sites his work often so you don't feel lost if you're not familiar with Tolstoy.