Jennifer's Reviews > Raindrops: A Shower of Colors

Raindrops by Chiêu Anh Urban

Feb 17, 10

bookshelves: childrens-books
Read in February, 2010 — I own a copy

Spring is just around the corner and for young ones who are just beginning to learn their colors, Raindrops: A Shower of Colors is an excellent board book to teach them about animals and the various hues of the rainbow.

More and more I judge toddler books primarily by their illustrations. When my daughters were quite young their little eyes feverishly gazed across the pages of vibrantly-colored books. And while their young ears heard the stories the illustrations really told the story. That said, the illustrations in Raindrops paints the entire story beautifully and the wording is ideal for young children whose brains are constantly learning new things.

What I love most about Raindrops is each page has a see-through raindrop of its respective color.

Why I love this book: Raindrops: A Shower of Colors is a perfect book for young children to read alone when they're sitting on the floor using their tiny fingers to explore their piles and piles of board books. The illustrations in Raindrops are vibrant enough to capture and keep your child's attention and the story is simple enough to teach them new insects, animals and colors without overwhelming them or taking away from their favorite things: pictures!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Raindrops.