Dee W.'s Reviews > The Jesus Incident

The Jesus Incident by Frank Herbert

Nov 12, 07

Read in February, 2003

Looking back, I wish I had read Destination: Void first. This book is the sequel but can be read alone. My nature will demand the first book before I can read the third, however. There is a lot of material that takes a lot of thought within these books.

To expect less is to sell Frank Herbert short. It sounds lame to say, but being a scientist Herbert is thorough if he's anything. His books do not read like fluff, even when they are more watered down or abstract than hard science (i.e. Dune, etc). By the time I got to the end of this, it was a kick in the gut.

I loved it. I would reccomend it.
4 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Jesus Incident.

Comments (showing 1-4)

dateUp arrow    newest »

Kelly H. (Maybedog) Nice to read a review by someone else who loved the book. It's tied for my fave book of all time. I know that's a bit more extreme than your reaction but it was still nice to read your review.

message 3: by Sebastian (new) - added it

Sebastian Not to be difficult but Herbert was a journalist, not a scientist. Which makes it even more incredible that he was so thorough and accurate with the science element of his work. The planetary ecology of Dune was nothing short of a miracle in my book. So, as a journalist, I think he had the ability to deliver crisp, bare-knuckle sentences and get to the point quickly.

message 2: by Timmy (new) - added it

Timmy You guys are making my cry

message 1: by Timmy (new) - added it