Jennifer's Reviews > Poison Study

Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder

Apr 26, 11

bookshelves: study, owned
Read in April, 2011

** spoiler alert ** This book was EVERYTHING! It took me a while to be drawn in, about 40 or 50 pages, but once I was in, it was impossible to put down! I love Yelena; she is an intelligent, enterprising, survivor. I love Valek even more. He was just too much and I could not help but fall in love with him. And watching them together, how they grew to understand, trust and finally love each other was beautiful. The story was so compelling and amazingly written. I cannot wait to get the next book. I HAVE to know what happens! I will be so ridiculously and unbelievably upset if Yelena and Valek do not get a happily ever after at the end of this series!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Poison Study.

Quotes Jennifer Liked

Maria V. Snyder
“Everyone makes choices in life. Some bad, some good. It's called living, and if you want to bow out, then go right ahead. But don't do it halfway. Don't linger in whiner's limbo.”

Maria V. Snyder
“Yelena, you've driven me crazy. You've caused me considerable trouble and I've contemplated ending your life twice since I've known you." Valek's warm breath in my ear sent a shiver down my spine.

"But you’ve slipped under my skin, invaded my blood and seized my heart.”

“That sounds more like a poison than a person,” was all I could say. His confession had both shocked and thrilled me.

“Exactly,” Valek replied. “You have poisoned me.”

Maria V. Snyder
“The uniform enhanced his athletic body, and my thoughts drifted to how magnificent he would look with his uniform puddled around his feet.”

Maria V. Snyder
“Let's go. We're supposed to rendezvous with the Captain at the lake. Oh, and try to keep the noise down. You sound like a panicked moose crashing through the woods," the smarter man chided.

"Oh yeah. Like you could hear me over your specially trained 'woodland-animal footsteps,'" Rough Voice countered. "It was like listening to two deer humping each other.”