Tara's Reviews > Those Who Save Us

Those Who Save Us by Jenna Blum

May 13, 12

Read from October 25 to November 08, 2010

This book was essentially about a mother and a daughter and the events that made them who they are.

*** Spoilers ahead***
Anna was a teen when she met Max and fell in love. Unfortunately she was a daughter of an SS sympathizer and he was a jewish doctor. Although she tries to run away with him, it was not meant to be. She got pregnant and save herself and her daughter she ends up with a high ranking SS officer as his mistress.
Trudy, her daughter, does not know any of this. She grows up thinking the officer in the photo is her real dad. She grows up to be a German history professor. Closed off and distant, she is divorced and finds herself having to deal with her mother after her father dies. Needless to say, she does not have the closest relationship with her mom.

I think this book is a wonderful example of how our choices shape us and how we deal with the bad things that happen to us can effect those around us.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Those Who Save Us.

11/01/2010 page 248
51.0% "I cannot believe the bedroom details. Blum has a way of being descriptive, although tactful."

Kristina Hey- Glad to see you must have managed to finally get your hands on a copy of Those Who Save Us! Hope you enjoy the book. It was certainly interesting and kept me capivated from beginning to end.

Tara I am definitely engaged! Both the Trudy's and Anna's stories are interesting.

message 3: by Angie (new)

Angie Tara, this review tells me a little more than I really wanted to know before reading the book. Could you put a spoiler alert on it. Thanks :)

Tara Done.