jD's Reviews > The Alpha Promise

The Alpha Promise by Hayat Ali

Mar 29, 10

bookshelves: series_vamps, must-read-seq, 2_kindle_own

Okay. I confess, this is one of the best vamp series I have read. The plot is well conceived and the characters interesting. I gave the book one star because the ending pissed me off. It is one thing to write a book with a cliff hanger but the level of incompleteness of this ending made me want to throw my Kindle. Had I known the writer would need to take a nap for some undisclosed period of time, I would have waited to read it. Many series have cliff hangers like JR Ward's Black Dagger Brotherhood. I just finished "Rush of Wings" and it left many aspects of the story unfinished but it wrapped enough that I don't feel cheated. My review is a warning to readers that love a well written series but need the satisfaction of some sort of wrap -- wait. It's really good but its not that good.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Alpha Promise.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Amon I have to admit that I get a little upset also when I read a book with that ends with a cliff hanger but its good the hear the story will be continued in the next book.

message 2: by jD (new) - rated it 1 star

jD If and when there is a next book. It is taking way too long and she does not have a website or Goodread profile. I hope she is still writing.

Amon She is still writing. She has a Facebook fan page and has said that the next book is set to come out late this year or early next year at the latest.

message 4: by jD (new) - rated it 1 star

jD Thanks. I will check it out. I really did love that story. It had a new twist to the vamp story.

Tish I agree. I also found myself rooting for the other ( can't recall his name) and not Jin who was an asshole throughout most of the book. The other dude had more chemistry with Adina than Jin. I read this book a year ago and still waiting for the sequel. Why bother writing a good read promise a follow up the presumably drop it all together? I too wouldn't have read had I known how badly the cliffhanger was handled and no friggin follow up.

message 6: by jD (new) - rated it 1 star

jD I think the author has a full time job. I don't know that I would read the next one be wise now I have trust issues. LOL

Tish I hear ya. She was on the right track and I was looking forward to the sequel in hopes the blips in the first book would improve. Oh well.