Michelle's Reviews > Blue Shoe

Blue Shoe by Anne Lamott

Feb 16, 10

I bought this book to read with my book club. I probably would not have chosen it on my own.

This is the first book by Anne Lamott I read - or I should say ATTEMPTED to read. And it will be my last. I absolutely hated this book. I'm an avid reader, and I can not remember the last time I started a book and didn't finish it. Normally, I feel compelled to read a book to the end, even if I don't like it, thinking there must be something redeeming about it. I kept pushing myself to finish this one, but just could not get into it. I can't recall another book that I have started and left unfinished in the last 20 years.

This book is about a divorced woman dealing with her family relationships. Her family is highly dysfunctional. Every character in this book is dysfunctional... Beyond that, they are just plain weird. I couldn't relate to any of it. The main character is just the most whiny, awfully depicted person I've ever read about! I could clealy see why this couple was divorced, though. They were a pair of nut jobs. It's a story about nothing... It just goes on and on. I will never be able to read another Anne Lamott novel. This was just so bad!
4 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blue Shoe.