Cathy 's Reviews > The Emperor's Code

The Emperor's Code by Gordon Korman

Apr 16, 10

bookshelves: young-adult, zz-challenge-library-borrowed-2010, fiction, read-in-2010, juvenile, mystery
Read on April 16, 2010

It was about average for the series, better than a few but not one of the most amazing. I enjoyed the way this book used history, weaving it into the story more than lecturing. There were just a few too many coincidences, even based on the scale of this juvenile/YA series. I was especially annoyed by the way Dan found a clue at the beginning, it was just too too easy. Also, some of the language was just not how kids think or speak; at one point Dan muses about the unstoppable juggernaut that killed both of his parents. I know he's smart, but the whole paragraph was out of an adult novel. Overall, the mystery and emotional content were good. And as usual, it left me excited to read the next book. We're getting close to the end!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Emperor's Code.

04/16/2010 page 13
6.84% "I love my library! I'm the first one to read this copy, too. I felt kind of guilty cracking it open."
04/16/2010 page 130
68.42% ""It's the clues, yo. They're supposed to make you the most powerful human in history. I say they make you less than human.""