Katherine's Reviews > Rapture of the Deep: Being an Account of the Further Adventures of Jacky Faber, Soldier, Sailor, Mermaid, Spy

Rapture of the Deep by L.A. Meyer

Feb 15, 10

bookshelves: amazing-authors, found-à-la-library
Read in February, 2010

Meyer never fails to deliver an amazing tale of love, adventure, friendship, and the luck of a certain impulsive maiden.

The momment a good friend had thrusted the town library's battered copy of Bloody Jack into my reluctant hands, and commanded me to read the first chapter, I was spellbound.

In a little over a week, I had flashed through the available following books. I ended today, on Rapture of the Deep, starving for the next installment.

Readers will find this series heartwarming. I for one found the adventures Jacky Faber an elegant mix of history, romance, and adventure, with L.A. Meyer's unique prose adding to the novelty of the action.

If you have yet to pick up the books, I recommend you harden your sea legs, and hop on, for Miss Faber is about to take you on a journey unlike any other.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rapture of the Deep.