Noah's Reviews > Rodrick Rules

Rodrick Rules by Jeff Kinney

M_50x66
Feb 20, 10

bookshelves: 8th-grade-ir-shelve-samantha-shapir

I picked up "Diary of a Wimpy Kid" because I had heard pleasant things about it and I was interested in the type of art that was in the book. This book is about a boy named Gregg who doesn't have the most friends and struggles with the or deals that his brother and parents put him through. His brother bullies him, and his parents force him to do unreasonable things. He documents this all in a diary that he keeps in his room.
I can connect this book to Hoot because just like Roy, Gregg doesn't have many friends and gets made fun of a lot. I can connect this to real life because kids go through this with siblings and their parents just like what Gregg goes through. I can connect this to myself because I have problems with my parents but, mostly my brother!
I would give this book a four star rating because it kept me interested through out the book. It made me want more of the book if you know what that feeling is like. I would recommend this book to anyone from ages nine to thirteen because it is sort of an easy read but it is a good read so anyone who would like to read it can.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rodrick Rules.