Annalisa's Reviews > Evermore

Sep 01, 10

bookshelves: young-adult, fantasy, romance
Recommended to Annalisa by: Annie
Read on February 13, 2010

I spent so much of this book frustrated by unanswered questions, telling myself its okay not to know all the answers to squelch my frustration, that by the time Noel decided to dish all the dirt in one conversation, I wasn't satisfied. I didn't feel like my questions were answered, but wasn't even sure which questions had not been answered. There were so many and they couldn't have all been answered by that small conversation, but she flipped the story so fast, I wasn't going there with her. My main remaining question was about Damen being absent to save Ever. If her life is that cyclically in danger, wouldn't he keep a closer watch on her? I get that she had to be alone for the big finale to take place, but you have to justify his absence to make me okay with it. That whole plot twist in the finale was a little lame and over the top and I could not stand Ever's best friend, but still my biggest complaint comes down to Damen. Noel spent the whole novel convincing me to be creeped out by him that I didn't buy the complete 180 in the end. I still thinks he's creepy and evil no matter that Noel took it all back.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Evermore.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anika (new)

Anika Ferguson Annalisa, My 12 year old wants a new series for Christmas and my oldest daughter is recommending this one. Sometimes she isn't the best at recommendations. Can you remember how sexy this one is? I don't want it to be too much for her. She loves the vampire books, so she might like this series if it's appropriate. What do you think?

Annalisa I honestly can't remember, but I think it's pretty clean. There's sexual tension but I don't think they do anything. Let me ask my friend I borrowed it from.

Annalisa Haha. I guess that's true. I just felt like I was kept in the dark for most of the book that by the end I didn't even care if my questions had been answered. It was a frustrating read.