super captain man's Reviews > The Knife of Never Letting Go

The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness

This book is unique and original. It takes some time to get used to Patrick Ness' style of writing, but once you do, you will be sucked into this book of adventure and wonder, and will not be able to put it down. Packed with action, horror, and humor, it's a book that will keep you p until 11:00 at night reading "just one more chapter."

In this book, Todd Hewitt, age 12-but-one-month-away-from-being-13-and-a-man, lives in a town where there are no women - and where everyone can hear each others' thoughts. Since his parents died when he was a baby, he lives alone with his foster parents Ben and Cillian, and his stupid, oafish dog named Manchee. Every day, Todd is constantly flooded with the endless stream of Noise - images and thoughts coming from man and animal alike. Then one day he finds a hole in the Noise - a place where all is quiet... and as soon as he does, Ben and Cillian send him away from home with his dog, Manchee. In the forest, they meet a girl named Viola. After a few days of walking, they find A new town where they stop at. oon after they find out that their town, Prentisstown, has a assembled an army to follow after them. They run, hiding in the forest, trying to get to a place called Haven: the home of a supposed cure to the endless noise.

I'm not going to tell you any more. It would spoil the book. But I will tell you that it was one of the best books I've ever read - ranking up there with, if not above, the Warriors books. I suggest it to readers of ages 12= who are looking for a good book that they can curl up with. (I mean, the thing is 450= pages long. You've got a long way to go.)

-Meep

P.S. If you're a particularly emotional reader, be prepared with a box of tissues and a favorite comfort item once you get farther into the book... :'( I needed them

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Knife of Never Letting Go.