Cathy's Reviews > My Fair Lazy

My Fair Lazy by Jen Lancaster

Jul 25, 10

bookshelves: audiobooks, chick-lit, memoir, comedy
Read from July 17 to 24, 2010

Another hilarious memoir by Jen Lancaster! In her 5th book, Jen is determined to "culture up" beyond her reality tv obsession. With hilarious vignette after hilarious vignette, readers get to indulge further into the uniquely, insightful mind and outrageous events that make up Jen Lancaster's life. I love how Jen always takes an excerpt of her life and turns it into an entire collection of related moments, by integrating her latest book tour, visits with old friends, taking care of her (multiplying) pets (and Fletch) and of course, in this novel the purpose of it all is to create the ultimate "culture manifesto", Jennsylvania style. This includes adding all sorts of "cultural" activities to her daily routine - from getting her nails done at a Vietnamese nail salon, to visiting museums while visiting various cities, eating every kind of ethnic cuisine possible, goijng to the opera, listening to jazz and learning poetry for the first time and anything else that might provide a more enlightening cultural experience than Season 15 of the Real World. I always love listening to these books so much more than reading them myself because Jaime Heinlein does the BEST job of narrating how I imagine each story to be told - she maintains all the sarcasm, humor, slight arrogance and naivete (if you can have both at once) throughout every word. This may just be the pair's best release yet!! I can't wait to find out what the next saga will bring. To be read anytime you need a laugh or a smile, or just a break from reality.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My Fair Lazy.