Zeek's Reviews > Moon Awakening

Moon Awakening by Lucy Monroe

Mar 18, 10

bookshelves: favorites-all-time, favorites-pnr, hist-pnr, hist-rom, pnr, romance
Read in January, 2008

Out spoken, tender hearted Emily Hamilton has never been understood by her step-mother. So when Emily volunteers to take the place of her deaf younger sister in an arranged marriage, her step-mother readily agrees- just to be rid of Emily once and for all.

Emily doesn't want to give up her freedom, especially not to a barbaric highland Scotsman living far from her home in England. But she will do anything to protect her sister. So she leaves her life behind to an uncertain future.

When she arrives at the home of her intended, she quickly befriends the laird's sister- and finds her to be the only friend she will make in the cold clan of the Sinclair's.

Unable to hide her true nature, she turns the Laird of the Sinclair's off from his admittedly reluctant path of marriage, each finding no attraction there.

Not long after arrival, a rival clan attempts to kidnap the Laird's sister and Emily finagles her way into the trap hoping to take her friend's place, only to find both of them on their way into the enemy's camp.

Surprisingly, the attraction missing between she and Sinclair is there in spades with Lachlan, Laird of the Balmorals and her kidnapper. Naturally, despite neither of them wanting it, they find themselves helpless to the heat generated whenever he touches her. Add to that the fact that the highlanders Emily finds herself entangled with have a secret previously thought to be the stuff of fairy tales, and you have a fine little story that engages and entertains.

What's interesting about this book, is the fact that the author unfolds the tale mostly through dialog. Oh, there is action, but the things that moved me the most came through the vulnerability that came across while the two main characters interacted with each other.

This is a paranormal- and my favorite kind, really. Yes, it's yet another changeling novel but somehow I'm still hooked. And though it lacks a certain quality to make it a truly great read, I'm looking forward to more in this series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Moon Awakening.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Shannon C. Good review Zeek, thanks! I've had this one in my TBR for a while now. I need to dig it out and put it further towards the top.

Zeek I need to get to the second one that was just released!

MelissaB Nice review Zeek!

I loved Moon Craving, it was a great story.