Becky's Reviews > Found

Found by Margaret Peterson Haddix

Mar 04, 10

bookshelves: teen, rebecca-caudill-2011, science-fiction, audio-books
Read from February 15 to 24, 2010

This is one of the 2011 Rebecca Caudill nominees so it was a must on my TBR list. Unfortunately, I did NOT like it. This book was introduced to me as a thriller that would be a fast, exciting read. Nothing could be further from the truth. The story dragged for me from the start. Yes, there was a mystery and I was intrigued, but more then that I was bored.

After Jonah receives his first mystery letter, he starts wondering what it could be about...obviously, but more then that he does a lot of soul searching. Unfortunately, a healthy, happy, well adjusted, middle class thirteen year old doesn't have a lot of soul to search. He doesn't have any problems or anything particularly interesting about his life. Yes, he was adopted, but he's okay with that. He's always known he was adopted and he also knows just how much his family loves him. Now, I have no issues with happy, well adjusted kids, I was one, but they belong in funny books, not thrillers. Jonah didn't really want to know anything about his mystery letter, it was his sister and friend who did. He was just along for the ride, and since the reader is inside his head, so was I.

Now, the good, because it was a book, and I love books and can always find something good. I loved the idea behind the story. Thirty six babies appear out of nowhere on a plane that disappears into thin air as soon as they've all been taken off. Where did they come from, who are they, and how long will they stay? I am interested in knowing the answers to these questions, because I still don't know them! This book answered just enough, but nothing that I really wanted to know. Not sure if I'll actually read the next in the series, but I might. Maybe.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Found.