Yz the Whyz's Reviews > Dark Peril

Dark Peril by Christine Feehan

Nov 15, 10

bookshelves: christine-feehan, 2010-reads
Read from September 27 to October 23, 2010

After Dark Slayer, this is my current second favorite Dark/Carpathian book.

This is the story of Dominic Dragonseeker and Solange Sangria. Ancient as he is, Dominic had volunteered for a suicidal mission, ingesting parasites in his blood in order to infiltrate the enemy's camp. Solange, a shifter of royal blood, stands alone in a fight against her very own people in their abuse against the women of their species. Warriors at heart, these two lonely people found love and acceptance in the least expected of moments, and like the wise souls that they are, chose to embrace it, even while facing deadly danger.

I love the chemistry between these two. Dominic is loving, and though he is still dominant Carpathian, he is patient and understanding towards Solange. Solange, for me, was an unexpected mixture of bravery and shyness. I enjoyed reading her reactions towards Dominic, and I like that she did not fight him very hard about the life-mate thing.

This new shift in Feehan's dynamics for her couples starting with Dark Slayer is very refreshing. Just when I was afraid that the series might have gone stale, the last two books had had me panting for the next installment.

Can't wait for Zacharias' book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dark Peril.

10/02/2010
25.0% "I'm already on Disc 3,and the h/h had not met yet. I'm getting impatient."

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Steph I am looking forward to this one. Hope you like it, Yz. :)

message 2: by Yz the Whyz (last edited Sep 28, 2010 10:59AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Yz the Whyz I got the audiobook from the library. Its narrated by Phil Gigante and Natalie Ross, two of my favorite narrators. The same pair that read KMM's Dreamfever. :)

message 3: by Ronyell (new)

Ronyell I can't wait to see your review on this!

Yz the Whyz It's getting better. : )

UniquelyMoi ~ The 1-click Diva I couldn't agree with you more. I love the new direction the books are going in!

KJ Shadows Hey can you read these books seperate or do you have to go in order? I got this one but I've never read the first book