Leanne Britt's Reviews > Feuchtgebiete

Feuchtgebiete by Charlotte Roche

Feb 14, 2010

Read on February 14, 2010

read on the train from Edinburgh to Stirling and return. Train ride is only about an hour or so, and I nearly finished it. I was warned by my friend that it was a no holds barred raunchy and ridiculous novel, which immediately intrigued me. I loved it. It made me LOL on the train and I appreciated the wealth of sexual and body function information, partly because I could relate and partly because it was educational. I totally applaud Charlotte's attempt to dissuade readers from modern sterile cleanliness standards and general feelings of disgust about female body and body secretions, however, my BSc. in microbiology makes me a little wary of some of her more extreme measures to prove her point. And the shock factor style of writing was a wee bit grating sometimes, and I think that the mental instability of Helen did not help the case the author was trying to build for a healthy interest in the finer details of all kinds of sex and self-pleasuring techniques and self-care/grooming. In fact, the average reader might come away with the idea that there must be a strong correlation between Helen's sexual behaviour and practises and depression and mental illness. But overall an entertaining and interesting read (in English)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Feuchtgebiete.