Lucas Rocha's Reviews > Predictably Irrational. The Hidden Forces That Shape Our Decisions

Predictably Irrational. The Hidden Forces That Shape Our Deci... by Dan Ariely

Mar 10, 10

Read from February 03 to 16, 2010 — I own a copy

Very nice book. Really like the story-telling writing style of the author. The author makes some interesting points about behavioral economics. I especially liked the chapters about relativity, social/market norms, procrastination, and context-based dishonesty. I missed some cultural perspective on some of the arguments about human behavior. There's one chapter about the power cost zero (free) which is directly related to Chris Anderson's latest book Free. This edition comes with a quite interesting analysis of the 2008 Mortgage Crisis from a behavioral economics perspective. In summary: It's a book about how we humans act weirdly and irrationally in several situations where rationality would be expected (contrary to what the standard neoclassical economic generally assumes).
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Predictably Irrational. The Hidden Forces That Shape Our Decisions.