Gina's Reviews > Into the Night

Into the Night by Suzanne Brockmann

Feb 14, 10

liked it
Read in February, 2010

Another good book by Suzanne Brockmann, not the best but still good. I was leary of a book focused on Mike Muldoon, who's one of the younger members of Seal Team Sixteen. What demons could he have at 25? But it was interesting enough, and once again the WWII side story was excellent. I am really going to miss these when Brockmann changes the focus of the series and they go away.

The side story about Sam and Mary Lou was pretty good too, although I've read reviews that suggest this story was Brockmann's attempt to cast Mary Lou in a more sympathetic light. Sorry, not happening. No matter how rotten the childhood or ignorant the woman, nothing excuses trapping a man into marriage by getting yourself pregnant. It's very "Officer and a Gentleman"-esque. Brockmann wants us to feel sorry for Mary Lou because she had a bad childhood raised by an alcoholic, is an alcholic and has the attitude if I just get me a Navy Seal then life will turn out perfect. I will be honest here and say Sam's handling of the situation/marriage is not good either, which leaves the child in the middle. But finally the next book will resolve Sam and Alyssa, we've been waiting fairly patiently for this to happen and Brockmann has done a great job in stringing this storyline along through the previous books.
I enjoy Brockmann's writing and will be sad when this series is finished.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Into the Night.