Debbie's Reviews > The Joseph Road: Choices That Determine Your Destiny

The Joseph Road by Jerry E. White

Feb 14, 10

bookshelves: christian, non-fiction
Read in February, 2010

“The Joseph Road” is a good, basic Christian Living book. It's an easy read: easy to follow and easy to understand. It had basic (but good) insights for those whose lives aren't working out as expected but who want to walk in a God-honoring way through it all.

The author looked to Scripture as our guide (specifically at the account of Joseph found in Genesis, but he also quoted other parts of the Bible). He used Scripture, some Bible background information, and reasonable supposition of what Joseph went through emotionally to describe what Joseph went through and how he reacted. He then showed how to apply what we learned to our lives today.

I was initially concerned that there seemed to be a slant toward “people can do what’s right if they decide they want to,” yet most people I know struggle to consistently do so. I was happy that later parts of the book pointed out that we need God at work in our lives in order to be consistent in our walk with Him.

Overall, I’d recommend this as a basic book with good guidance about how to act when people act unfairly toward you, when people betray you, and when things just don’t work out as expected.

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from NavPress Publishers as part of their Blogger Review program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Joseph Road.