Jessi's Reviews > The Untamed Bride

The Untamed Bride by Stephanie Laurens

May 03, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: audiobook, appealing-characteristic-character, historical, romance
Read in May, 2011

I wonder if I would have liked this as a "reading" book. It was a little long in parts but I made it through. (Later note: Just re-read as a book. It was a little easier to get through, mostly because I could skim through the boring parts, but there were still a lot of parts that were a little boring.)
Colonel Delborough (Del) is part of an elite group of officers who are battling a cult known as the Black Cobra. This cult has been very brutal in trying to take over India and he is anxious to help rid the English colonies of this scourge. The group has finally found evidence that can convict the leader of the Black Cobra but, since he turns out to be the son of a prominent earl, they have to get the letter to England. Of course, the mission is fraught with danger since the cultists are rabid to get the letter and kill Del. He, along with three other officers, resign from their commissions in order to help get four different copies of the letter to Wolverstone (character from one of Laurens' other books.)
Unfortunately, Delborough's family is anxious to see him married and they have promised that he will escort Deliah, returning to England from Jamaico, to their mutual home port. Requisite danger and sexxing ensue.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Untamed Bride.