Shanyn (Chick Loves Lit)'s Reviews > Of All the Stupid Things

Of All the Stupid Things by Alexandra Diaz

Jan 26, 14

bookshelves: signed-copies

If you took a moment to read the plot summary, you'll notice that the title of the book (Of All the Stupid Things) is referring to a boy individual in the book possibly making a decision to have a relationship with another boy. I did not appreciate this title reference from the get-go, but decided to continue reading.

All of the chapters are from different character's points of view, and I found it hard to decide which character I even liked. They each have their quirks (as they normally do), but I didn't get much of a backstory from any of them enough to root for them throughout the story.

That aside, I did appreciate how the story ends up turning out. There is more tolerance from the characters than I originally anticipated, so it is a good story to teach acceptance (even if one of the most resistant characters only came around a tiny bit by the end).

Overall, it was a fine story. Not one of my favorites... but I can't love them all!

Book Cover: 7/10
Book Title: 0/10
Plot: 7/10
Characters: 6/10
Ending: 7/10

Overall: 27/50
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Of All the Stupid Things.