Amanda 's Reviews > The Wandering Fire

The Wandering Fire by Guy Gavriel Kay

Feb 14, 10

Read in February, 2010

This one I liked better than it's predecessor. The beginning was rough and really had nothing more than tidying up loose ends from the last, creating a time line jump, and then getting everyone back where they had to be.

I still find myself only interested at all in two of The Five, Paul and then Jennifer, but I am massively in love and rapt with a whole lot of the secondary characters and large swags of certain Finoavar races. I do feel that the first book portrayed the Evil vs. Good sides more clearly and evenly, while this one had a whole lot on what was happening on The Good Guy's Side.

There's a whole lot of loose ends in this one. Where the first book could stand alone, so much is left unattended to, or pushed to the side, that I feel I wanted to see more of, whether person or place or event or happening. And certain other things happens so fast looking back I wonder if they were supposed to have mattered more to me.

Of course, you know I loved it when they brought Arthurian Legends into it. (Finally. Something to cling to hard until Ysabelle.) I really, really like what they are doing with that legend here, how it blurs, how everyone loves everyone, and hopefully book three won't have me eating these words.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Wandering Fire.