Kat Kennedy's Reviews > The Voyage of the Dawn Treader

The Voyage of the Dawn Treader by C.S. Lewis

Dec 27, 10

There are few books that I've read that I love more than this book. However, if I had to choose a movie adaptation to punch in the face - it would be this one.
11 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Voyage of the Dawn Treader.

Manny Hear hear! I'll hold it down while you kick it, okay?

Kat Kennedy Should we organize a lynching mob?

message 3: by Ashley Brooke (new)

Ashley Brooke Alas, you must not have seen the tragedy that was the Dark is Rising adaptation (The Seeker, for anyone that wants to torture themselves with a bad adaptation!)

I didn't mind Dawn Treader, mostly because i felt it was much better than Prince Caspian. Reep always makes me cry, regardless of which adaptation it is. :-)

message 4: by Scribble (new)

Scribble Orca The Dark is Rising was totally dismal, a complete cinematic washout! Susan Cooper would be turning in her grave (except she isn't yet dead).

message 5: by Elisa (new) - added it

Elisa I have not seen Dawn Treader yet (and now I'm thinking I don't want to) but I felt like that after seeing "The Last Airbender," (at midnight, no less) which took a giant crap all over the amazing television show it was based on.

Matt I completely agree. The movie just ruined everything. Could they do a worse job of following the book?

Kat Kennedy They just screwed it up completely. Utterly, utterly botched it.

Matt So true.